COMMUNICATIONS & DEVELOPMENT INTERN (Spring 2019)
Established in honor of Jenn Lawson, who lost her life in 2014, the Jennifer Bush-Lawson Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, serves economically vulnerable mothers and infants by working to increase access to high-quality maternal and infant care and support. Jennifer was a loving, dedicated mother of three, driven to advocacy after receiving high-quality care during her own complicated pregnancies. JB-LF seeks to embody her generous spirit by giving all mothers and newborns the means to thrive.
The Communications & Development Intern will work directly with the Executive Director on projects including social media, donor research and supporter communications. This unpaid internship will run through May 2019. Most work will be done remotely, with periodic meetings in Arlington, VA with the Executive Director as needed for the intern’s projects.
The intern will work directly with JB-LF’s Executive Director on communications and development projects, including:
- Social media plans and content
- Research about potential donors
- Support for the inaugural Prize for Prenatal Innovation, which will award its first winner in late Spring 2019
- Additional communications and development duties as assigned
- Undergraduate or graduate student
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail and good follow-up
- Ability to work 8-10 hours per week
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter, with the subject: Spring 2019 Intern, to Jennifer Myers, Executive Director.
This position is unpaid and seeks 8-10 hours per week. The Jennifer Bush-Lawson Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin.