Jennifer Bush-Lawson Foundation Launches Mother’s Day Campaign to Support Arlington, VA Moms and Babies
May 8, 2017
Arlington, Va. – The Jennifer Bush-Lawson Foundation (JB-LF) is launching a Mother’s Day campaign to continue its vital work to ensure economically vulnerable mothers and babies in Arlington, Virginia have access to proper prenatal and postnatal care. The JB-LF honors the legacy of Jennifer Bush-Lawson, who believed that every mother and baby – regardless of race, color, creed, or economic status – should have an opportunity to thrive.
With hundreds of mothers and babies lacking proper prenatal and postnatal care in our area, this year’s campaign remains a vital part of achieving the Foundation’s mission. Some of the biggest challenges facing low-income mothers today include:
- Balancing work and childcare schedules to coordinate well care appointments
- Finding and funding transportation to and from medical appointments
- Overcoming obstacles related to health insurance and understanding coverage
- Gaining access to prenatal and postnatal information, resources and support, such as for breastfeeding and nutrition
We have accomplished many goals, but we still have work to do. Some of our impacts include:
- Raising over $118,000 for Virginia Hospital Center
- Providing 12 months of wellness care for 240 babies
- Providing blood pressure cuffs for in-home monitoring
- Giving a $5,000 grant for specialist care
- Providing transportation for pregnant mothers to prenatal and postnatal appointments
As Mother’s Day approaches, it’s important to remember that mothers and babies need our support year-round. Donations will help us continue to serve economically vulnerable mothers and infants of Arlington, Virginia by giving them access to quality prenatal and postnatal healthcare and an opportunity to thrive.
Click here for more information about the Jennifer Bush-Lawson Foundation’s 2017 Mother’s Day campaign. Visit our website for information about the JB-LF or click here to sign up for our newsletter, and follow us on Facebook for updates on the work we are doing in the Arlington community.
Photos courtesy of The Jennifer Bush-Lawson Foundation.
About the Jennifer Bush-Lawson Foundation
Established in December 2014, the Jennifer Bush-Lawson Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization. Founded in the belief that every mother and every child deserve important healthcare services for a healthy start in life, the Jennifer Bush-Lawson Foundation provides access to medical services, counseling and support for economically vulnerable mothers-to-be, newborn babies and postpartum mothers who don’t have the means or resources to start their journey on solid footing. Jennifer Bush-Lawson dedicated her life to her children and to being the best mother possible. She believed that every mother – regardless of race, color, creed, or economic status – should have an opportunity to do the same.