The Jennifer Bush-Lawson Foundation is making an immediate impact on mothers and children in need, including these special initiatives:
- Prenatal Appointments: JB-LF is removing barriers to care by funding a telemedicine pilot program and subsidizing transportation for low-income and uninsured mothers to get to their prenatal appointments.
- Prenatal monitoring: JB-LF is helping low-income mothers monitor their pregnancies from home, including managing conditions such as hypertension.
- Prenatal care access: JB-LF is making screenings, such as ultrasounds and fetal non-stress tests, accessible for low-income mothers.
- Access to well child medical care: JB-LF funds newborn well-child medical care (0-12 months) at Arlington Pediatric Center for infants of low-income and uninsured families.
- Access to specialty care: JB-LF is making specialized medical care accessible for the infants of low-income or uninsured families who are unable to afford these services.
- Safe place to sleep: JB-LF is providing new pack-and-plays to families in need so their newborns have a safe place to sleep when discharged from the hospital.